Once again, this amazing meal comes from Metabolic Cooking and it’s called Thai Basil Chicken Stir-Fry. I’ve made quite a few meals from this cookbook and so far, this is my #1 pick. A close second is Ginger Beef and a cut above my go-to baked chicken breast recipes I normally make. Describing food for me is difficult because by nature I am no chef! My cooking skills in college were limited to Top Ramen. I once ate an entire German Chocolate Cake for dinner.
I’ve come a long way. 🙂
Without going into too much detail, having these type of resources at your disposal is a benefit to you, your family and in case you ever want to cook a dish for a potluck or friends and need something “healthy” but somewhat spectacular. The recipes in Metabolic Cooking are worth every penny. I cannot live without this cookbook. It’s made a significant difference in my nutrition.
No more boring chicken…. now let’s dig in.
Thai Basil Chicken Stir-Fry:
Makes 4 Serving
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4oz each)
• 2 tablespoons thai fish sauce
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• Pinch of stevia
• 2 teaspoon dried basil
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 2 teaspoons coconut oil (I’ve used Grapeseed oil successfully)
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 small onion, sliced
• 3 cups green beans (cut each bean in 3-4 pieces)
1. Combine the fish sauce, soy sauce, stevia in a blender. Blend for several seconds, then turn off the blender. Add the basil and red pepper flakes, set aside.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a wok or skillet over high heat and add the garlic, chicken, and onion and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the green beans and continue to stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Stir the fish sauce mixture into the stir-fry. Turn the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes
(the beans should be tender-crisp).
• Calories: 198
• Protein: 31g
• Carbohydrates: 5g
• Fat: 6g
– marc david
P.S. – Pair this with a red wine or champagne for an “epic” experience.
Chicken Stir-fry with a Twist … Meet Basil
1 Reply to “Chicken Stir-fry with a Twist … Meet Basil”
This recipe looks great! Gonna try it,
I’ve been working on eating better, adding new and fun ways to work out, recently my buddy found this great new app called The Body Building Game available on the i phone – I’m loving it!