If you think oatmeal is boring, plain or you have to be a “hardcore” bodybuilder and eat them raw with just water … WRONG!
If you think McDonald’s Oatmeal is the way to go … WRONG!
What you are about to read is by far the easiest, cheapest, healthy, oatmeal recipe I’ve tried in a decade. You can find more bodybuilding recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
My “buddy” (whom I’ve never meet in my life but am friends with on Facebook; nice usage of the word huh) Dave Ruhl and author of the Anabolic Cooking book did it again with his Blueberry Oatmeal recipe.
Before I start into how awesome this blueberry oatmeal breakfast tasted and that you can literally make it anytime (breakfast, snack, dinner, whatever) let me give you a super short list of the benefits of eating oatmeal. Keep in mind, it is really called Vanilla Cream Oatmeal but I always seemed to add some fruit to it; hence the slight name change.
- Lowers the risk of developing heart disease
- Promotes satiety or the feeling of being full
- Promising research with Type 2 Diabetes
- Assists in regularity (25g of fiber daily is recommended)
- May reduce risks to certain types of cancer
- Blood pressure regulation (in diets that include rich amounts of fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and plenty of whole grains)
Here’s how to make the Vanilla Cream Oatmeal recipe from page 16 of Anabolic Cooking.
Vanilla Cream Oatmeal:
Makes 1 Serving
• 1 cup oatmeal
• 1cup Skim Milk
• 1 scoop (30g) of Vanilla Protein Powder
• 1/2 teaspoon of Stevia
• Pinch of Cinnamon
1. In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients (except for the Protein Powder)
2. Cook in a Microwave for about 1 minute – stir the mix , then microwave for
another 1 minute.
3. Let the oatmeal cool down for about 3 minutes
4. Add the vanilla Protein Powder
You can add 1/ 2 cup of berries (your choice of berries) to add extra flavour.
• Calories: 531
• Protein: 45g
• Carbohydrates: 73g
• Fat: 6g
So no more oatmeal in water or plain. I mean, if that’s what you like fine. But if you are looking for something different. Something with taste that meets the criteria of a bodybuilding meal, then you’ve found your next breakfast.
– Marc David
PS: The Anabolic Cooking features over 200 “Anabolicious” step-by-step, easy to make recipes, so you will never be bored with your diet again.You will become a chef in no time, and will keep your family and friends healthy along the way.
And it’s more than just a cookbook, “Anabolic Cooking” is a complete nutrition guide full of Cooking tricks, Nutritional Tips and Dieting Strategies…And it’s more than just a cookbook, “Anabolic Cooking” is a complete nutrition guide full of Cooking tricks, Nutritional Tips and Dieting Strategies…
Now go make some blueberry oatmeal!