So you say you can’t afford to buy the Carb Backloading ebook? In most cases, it is not because you cannot “afford” it, it is because your priorities are askew. I’ve often said, you get what you pay for when it comes to information.
For a moment, I will stop being so damn judgmental and dish out the basics of a protocol that is rocking the fitness world. It’s called Carb Backloading.
Carb Backloading is…
- Shift calories to later in the day
- Eating lighter in the morning and early afternoon, and
- Feast at night
- Awesome for skinny people who can’t gain weight
- This may include skipping breakfast
Carb Backloading is not…
- an excuse to eat junk food all day
- is not great for people 20% body fat and higher (see the Carb Nite Solution)
- is not as crazy as the sales page makes it sound
There’s LOADS of information you’ll find within the ebook that covers all the bases, including which proteins to use, in what amounts and when. You will find a sample carb backloading meal plan I put together including some recipe ideas.
What makes Carb Backloading so different from the thousands out there?
- The use of insulin to control hunger and as a powerful turbo charged transport of nutrients
- Carbohydrates make things grow (fat and muscle) but the timing is key to this program
This may not be for you. It probably is not for your elderly parents who barely make it to the gym or your son or daughter who has no concept of a good nutritional program. While the book is pretty extensive in research, it is very light specific to the values of nutrition. It is not meant to be a Nutrition 101 course. It is not written for the casual athlete. This is the type of protocol that blurs the lines between everyday eating and performance nutrition.
In summary, carb back loading is the type of program you want to learn directly from the source and NOT the forums or word of mouth. There’s quite a bit more to the program and it’s poorly laid out. I had to read the actual text 4 times before I grasped every aspect of it and I am certain missed some key points. Maybe in Version 2.0 it will be more clear but until then, while I have made exceptional personal progress on carb back loading, I cannot stress enough that if you are going to put forth the effort to follow this, you should read the text yourself.
Learn more about Carb Backloading by John Kiefer
Learn more about the Carb Nite Solution
Marc David – CPT
“The NoBull Muscle Guy”
Author of NoBull Bodybuilding